Monday, November 17, 2008

Radiator

Okay...

Now the radiator system...

Because I'm on a very tight budget i decided to make my own one seeing that if i wanted to go buy one I would need to spend more than R350. Ive seen a number of people using car radiators or motorbike ones but the flow throw them are bad and with my high flow rate low head pump i couldn't use them.

The final design was going to incorporate 3 tin cans and a fan on a copper base plate. No, fins you say. Well... I decided to incorporate the original large heat sink if it was required.

Here are the things that are required for the build. The cans, 1m copper pipe and plate are not shower.


Now a close-up of the pipe connections.



This is the pipe flow configuration that i decided on. This is a bottom few of the pre-radiator.


After lots and lots of soldering and fixing leak after leak the system was tested. Here is a video...




The system is running much cooler now. On 100% CPU without a fan we could only get it 62'C and on idle its at 32'C. I haven't but any heat past on, i now...



The system still needs lots of work. Keep an Eye as I improve and update

No comments: